Brass Cornerguards – Part 3


The cornerguards have a mirror polish, which I wanted to take down a few notches.  I figured they have a protective lacquer coating, so I glommed on some stripping gel and let it sit overnight.


The next day, they looked like this.  It took a lot of elbow grease to finally get all the crud removed and get back to a polish; but with the lacquer removed.  At least, for all that scrubbing, I hope they were lacquered and I hope the stripper actually removed it.

Either way, I went after them with a sanding sponge to create a brushed look.  Then I installed them with the screws provided.

The fit could be better in some places but pretty good overall.